Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thought of the Day

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Mark 11:24


I believe that this verse is reminding us of a few things:

1) To pray - Prayer is our way to commune with God and without it we are like tiny island in the middle of a vast ocean. I believe that it is important for us to take time out during each and every day to pray. The Lord always hears us and knows what is best for us. We may not get everything we ask for, but that is okay…because it is all done for a reason. God has a plan and His will shall be done.

2) If we don’t ask God for something, it probably won’t be given to us. And yes, God knows all of our wants and desires, but I think that he wants to us to ask for it. It is through prayer that we ask God for our needs…and prayer allows us to form our own special relationship with Him.

3) Believing that all things are possible through God - For even in the most hopeless or dire of circumstances the will of the Lord can turn things around in an instant. But, we must believe and have faith that He can do all things. The Lord has no limitations and He never takes a day off from loving and watching over us. Therefore, we should not take one day off from being thankful for our gift of life.

Prayer for the day-

Dear Lord,
Thank you for the wonderful gifts that you have given to me. I pray that you continue to breath your breathe of blessings upon me and my family. I thank you for every beat of my heart and every breath from my lungs. I pray that you watch over me and keep me safe. Help me to walk down the narrow path and avoid the wide road of temptation. All praise, glory and honor to you forever.

Amen.

God bless you. And this is for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verse of the Day