Sunday, April 29, 2012

Goals

Regardless of age, we've all heard the saying... "You can do anything you want to do, if you put your mind to it."

I, for one, believe that once we make something a priority (meaning it is important) we get it done. For example, how many times have you heard (or seen) weight loss transformations? People lose large amounts of weight, firm up, become healthier and fitter. How do they do it? They do it by making it a priority in their life.

I also believe that a large part of this "thought process" is being able to visualize the end state. Having a clear vision for what is not there. The same level of determination revolves around people we call "over achievers." They are people who place large amounts of self induced pressure on themselves to accomplish one or many goals. I'm not saying this is misplaced or wrong (it depends largely on the goal), only that this exists in our society and most likely has always existed since the time of Adam and Eve.

However, the problems that can surface with placing our own needs above the needs of others or the obedience to God's Word from the Holy Bible are limitless.  Many times we point our internal compass toward selfish goals in an attempt to rectify or obtain what we feel is important. This is exactly the type of deception that the devil wants us to buy into. Lack of making time for God... due to our "busy schedules" is nothing more than an excuse. It's hard to hear this even for myself. But, I'm as guilty of this as anyone and am not ashamed to admit it. The important thing is to get ourselves back on the right track. There may be many roads to Heaven, but they all end with meeting Jesus and our mutual goal is given to us in the Book of Matthew to "Seek first the Kingdom of God."

Simply put, this means placing God first. I'm not saying this is not difficult to do... I'm saying it's nearly impossible... but with God all things are possible - Matt 19:26 

That is why we are constantly "seeking." Yet, one day we all will "find" ourselves before Jesus and will give account of our actions and goals. God loves all of us and wants everyone to get to Heaven. If you make Jesus a priority, your life will change. It's not something that I am promising you. This is something that the Lord promises.

Remember... "You can do anything you want to do, if you put your mind to it." The only question is... what are you going to do next?

God bless you. And this is for His Glory!

2 comments:

  1. This is why I called my blog "Seeking Jesus"- I look for Him every day. A priest once told me to sanctify every moment by offering it up to God, even the bad times. I had never thought of offering the bad times up so it was a bit of an eye opener. When things don't go the way I think they should, it's hard to think that this may be God's will. My little prayer is, "For the love of Jesus and Mary and the relief of the suffering souls".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and I have no idea why it's just now dawning on me. I use to be very guilty of asking for help from God when there was trouble. Now, I try and thank Him every day. Also, that is a great prayer to remember. I will go and read you blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Verse of the Day