Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Motivation

Stop for a moment and think about something that you really enjoy doing. For me, I enjoy coaching sports... Baseball, softball, or basketball mostly. I enjoy teaching kids the proper technique and fundamentals, along with seeing them improve throughout the course of the season. I learn a great deal from the experiences and it motivates me to continue.

Have you ever stopped to wonder what motivated God to send his only son, Jesus into the world? It would have been so easy to give up on the filthy sinful world... but He never has. As John 3:16 so blatently puts it...

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

If you really stop and think about this statement for a moment... I don't know about you, but this blows me away. God loves us so much that He was motivated to go as far as sending Jesus to help save us. That's how far gone we were. There was no other lever to pull. Jesus had to come down to provide us with the opportunity to save ourselves. That's right... for us to save ourselves. I say this because God doesn't send us to Hell, He gives us the path to Heaven. He respects our free will and we, by our choices, beliefs, and motivations send ourselves to Heaven or Hell. Of course, God has the final say in everything, but my point is we can either be motivated to propel our ourselves (and the people we interact with on a daily basis) on the path to Heaven or toward the path to Hell.

What is your motivation?

God bless you. And this is for His Glory!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Verse of the Day