Monday, March 30, 2009

Doubts

There are going to be times when each of us has our doubts about our faith. Just like any other day, some are good and some...not so good. We are human, not perfect like God and therefore will slip every once in a while. The key is to not let our downward slide go on for too long.

One of the definitions behind the sin of Sloth is laziness. And as I've stated in my prior posting on Sloth, this laziness is physically, mentally, and spiritually. Let me repeat - it is a spiritual laziness toward the Lord. Think about why we were put on this earth. Was it for our pleasure or God's? God created man to obtain joy and pleasure through our obedience to Him. Our job is to glorify His name every day through our actions or our inactions.

When I listen to the versus in the Bible, I can't help but think about how divinely wise the Lord is in His teachings. There is no way that these verses could have been crafted by the hands of men. The scriptures were guided by the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

The devil wants us to doubt. He loves it when we start "thinking" about how the earth was created or how ridiculous it seems that the earth was so vastly populated by just two human beings. He plants the seeds of doubt within us in the hope that we will loose faith and slip.

I'd argue that staying spiritually strong is tougher than anything a person can do. Why? Because it is not easy to carry ones cross. It is not easy to follow the path of the Lord. But, if we stay faithful and obediently follow his words, we will be rewarded.

Stay strong in your faith my friends. For it's not how many times you slip in your faith...it's how many times you're willing to get back up and keep fighting.

14For many are called, but few are chosen.

Matthew 22:14

Final Thoughts -

Even some of the men closest to Jesus Christ had their doubts. Even after witnessing countless miracles, some of Jesus' Apostles still may not have fully been convinced that he was the Lord. And do not doubt that the devil was working overtime to turn them - and in fact did turn the one named Judas of Iscariot (for this was God's will).

I leave you with this passage from the Holy Gospel according to John:

Jesus Appears to Thomas

24Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!"

But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."

26A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!"

27Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

28Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

29Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

John 20:24-29

God bless you. And this is for His Glory!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much John! This was great and I really needed to read it today. I struggle so much, and it's such a comfort to know I am not along. God bless you brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that this helped you. We all experience low times with our faith. The key is to have more highs than lows. :)

    God bless you and thank you for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome ! Your blog is great, keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God willing - I will do my best! :)

    ReplyDelete

Verse of the Day