Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Joke of the Day

Every so often it's good to share a little humor in our lives. With that being said, here is my joke of the day.

A high school senior came to his dad a few months before graduation and said “Dad, I think I deserve a new car.” The father had the financial means to make it happen and he looked at his son and said, “Son, I’ll get you that new car, but first you need to do three things. Number one - bring your grades up. Two - read your bible more. Three – You’ve got to get a haircut.”

After a few months it was right before graduation and the boy went back to his father and asked if he was going to get the car or not?

His father said, “Well, son…you’ve brought your grades up from an average of a C to an average of A- and I’m proud of that. I’ve also noticed when I walk by your room in the morning that you’ve been studying and reading the bible more, so I’m happy to see that. But, son… you still haven’t gotten a haircut.” The son said, “Dad, I’ve been studying the bible and I’ve noticed that everywhere Moses is depicted he had long hair and even Jesus is shown with long hair.” His father looked his son square in the eye and said, “Son, you have to remember that Moses and Jesus walked everywhere they went. And so will you if you don’t get a haircut.”

Special thanks to Dr. David Jeremiah for telling that joke.

God bless you. And this is for His Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verse of the Day