Saturday, February 14, 2009

7 Deadly Sins Intro

This is an introduction to a 7 part series of postings where I’ll be discussing the 7 deadly sins. The 7 deadly sins are also known as “capital sins” and I will address each of them in individual posts.

The7 Deadly Sins: (in no particular order)

1. Pride
2. Envy
3. Lust
4. Greed/Avarice
5. Anger/Wrath
6. Gluttony
7. Sloth

I feel that it is important remain aware of these on a daily basis. Anyone of us is at risk of committing 1 or all 7 at virtually any moment. Look over the list…from where I’m sitting it wouldn’t be hard to commit any of these. The devil has made it easy for us to sin and he wants to keep it that way.

As I have stated in the previous Saint Valentine posting – the road to Heaven is not an easy journey. However, I’d rather live 30 to 70 some years giving glory to God and running into bumps in the road, rather than to dimiss His word and be tormented in Hell for an eternity. This might sound a bit blunt, hardcore, or even over the top - but this is no joking matter, at least not for me, and I hope you feel the same way. If not, I’ll try convincing you otherwise throughout all of the subsequent postings.

Lastly, I also think that we tend to forget about the importance of the 7 deadly sins – perhaps because they might get overshadowed by the 10 Commandments. I am not comparing the 7 deadly sins to the 10 Commandments. What I am saying is that we must remain cognizant of both, if we truly want to maximize our relationship with God, follow his word, and have a chance to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

I’m really pumped up about learning more about these and sharing my thoughts with you.

Up Next – The 7 Deadly Sins.









God bless you.

And this is for His Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verse of the Day