Friday, February 6, 2009

Introduction*

This blog is dedicated to the glory of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ.

This blog is meant to be an inspirational vehicle not only for myself, but for others to use when they are down or having doubts about their relationship with God.

God almighty will NEVER abandon us. Only we can abandon him. He is always with us - watching over us. Remember...it's not our will, but His will be done.

As the picture above portrays, the road to Heaven is a narrow and treacherous path. The Enemy (The Devil, Satan, Lucifer...he of many names) looks for every opportunity to turn us from the path. He is envious of God and ultimately his pride was what got him kicked out of Heaven. Lucifer loved himself more than he loved God and...from what I understand, he wanted to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Thus, the Lord God almighty kicked the devil and his followers (other fallen angels) from the glory of Heaven - forever. Amen. Now the devil is outraged and wants to desperatley get back at God. He does this by temptation and the The Seven Deadly Sins. He is looking to pull us away from God and that act will only lead us to eternal death. Do not sway in your faith. I'll use a quote that my best friend once said to me..."All you have to do is OBEY HIM." I think that sums it up...Obey Him.

As for myself..the times of selfishness have past. The days of "me, me, me" are gone. The Lord has touched my life and has been there, even when I did not deserve his love. I am not worthy of his forgiveness or his love. However, I do pray everyday that he forgives my sins and I want to become a better man of God, father, husband, son, friend, and person.

About my site URL - http://www.gol-gotha.blogspot.com/ The word Gol'gotha is Hebrew meaning 'The place of the Skull' (also known as Calvary). This is the location where Jesus was crucified. Thus, I've dedicated my blog to the glory of our Lord and remain ever so grateful for his sacrifice....For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. -John 3:16

I leave you with this final thought from the First Commandment... "I am the LORD your God…You shall have no other gods before Me." Amen.

God bless you and I hope you enjoy my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verse of the Day